From: Alexandra Guerson de Oliveira <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Vicent Ferrer & Resurrection of Jesus
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:37:44 -0400
Hi there,
I'm working on a paper on Vicent Ferrer's sermons and I came across an
interesting story of Christ's resurrection. On an Easter Sunday sermon
Ferrer weaves passages from the Psalms to demonstrate how Christ's
resurrection had been desired by not only the saints and the angels but also
by all the main Jewish patriarchs and Old Testament leaders. Among those who
begged Christ to resurrect, Ferrer lists Matusalem, Melquisedec, Abraham,
Isaac, Jacob, Aaron "& the holy priests", David "with the other holy kings
and princes" . Even the women are not forgotten: Eve, Sarah & Rebbeca are
also said to have asked Christ to rise again and intercede for them.  In the
end, it is Jesus's resurrection that opens the gates of heaven (which of
course had been closed when Adam & Eve were kicked out) to these illustrious
personages.
Does any of this sound familiar? I'm wondering where Ferrer took this
particular story from...
Thanks for your help,
Alexandra
to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

Find e-mail and documents on your PC instantly with the new MSN Toolbar Suite beta–FREE! ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html