Marjorie Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Finally, does anyone but me remember the old
notion that a pope's choosing the name "Peter" would signal/bring about the
end of the world? It seems we were quite certain of the latter factoid when
we were children.

Respondeo:

I adhere rather to the belief that it would signal the end of the world if a Pope chose the name "Wendy."

Bill.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]