Dear all,
It has been often said that health outcomes could be further improved if the medical community would just apply in practice what is already known. I am interested in compiling a list of the examples demonstrating (or even modeling) just how much improvement in outcomes can truly be realized if were to apply what is reliably known to work. I am particularly interested in the examples in oncology, but any specific example would be welcome. I would be happy to compile the list and share with the discussion group.
thanks
ben

Benjamin Djulbegovic, MD,PhD
Professor of Oncology and Medicine
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
at the University of South Florida
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology
SRB #4, Floor 4, Rm #24031 (Rm# West 31)
12902 Magnolia Drive
Tampa, FL 33612

Editor: Cancer Treatment Reviews (Evidence-based Oncology Section)
http://www.harcourt-international.com/journals/ctrv/

e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.hsc.usf.edu/~bdjulbeg/
phone:(813)979-7202
fax:(813)979-3071

##  This transmission may be confidential or protected from disclosure and
is only for review and use by the intended recipient. Access by anyone else
is unauthorized. Any unauthorized reader is hereby notified that any
review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information, or
any act or omission taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately.  Thank you.   #########################################