How disappointing - I wanted to be Pope George. Or even King of the Popes. But plain old King? That's just pathetic.

And how uninventive re wrist-slappings - I would much prefer fame as a skin-flayer, but I suppose that is yet another failing of mine.

:-)

The list is working again. Any messages you send via the 'reply' button to any list message, whether that message has just appeared or was in fact sent and visible years ago, goes to the list rather than the individual who sent it - so always be careful. You never know when you might say something inappropriate to an inappropriate reader! :-)

Best wishes to all, George