I'm guessing John has sent you the references to articles by D.L.
Clark, G. Schleusener-Eichholz (the 50 pp. one), and Richard Newhauser.

Newhauser wrote several articles (as well as a few lectures) on this
work, and he is currently working on an edition for the Corpus
Christianorum (CCCM) series.  I don't know when this will be published,
but I'm guessing not before the end of this semester.  You can find
this information (and his e-mail address) at:
http://www.trinity.edu/rnewhaus/vita.html

--Jonathan

On 4 Feb 2005, at 8:02 AM, F. Thomas Luongo wrote:

> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> culture
>
> A student of mine who is interested in issues involving vision in the
> Middle Ages came across a reference to this treatise or collection of
> exempla, which apparently has been attributed at various times to
> Robert
> Grosseteste, Thomas Brawardine, and John Pecham.  But apart from
> references
> to incunabula in one or more libraries a great distance away, she has
> not
> been able to locate copies of the text.
>
> Does anyone know whether there is available an edition of this text?
>
> We are sadly lacking in many of the standard medieval collections of
> texts
> as well as standard research tools.  On the other hand, we have an
> ever-increasing supply of Mardi Gras beads.  If anyone is interested,
> we
> would happily trade beads for information.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Luongo

> F. Thomas Luongo
> Assistant Professor