Present:
        Edinburgh: Phil
        RAL T1: Andrew, Steve, David
        RAL Storage: Owen, Jiri, Jens

0. Welcome to Sabah who's now joining the list.  Next meeting
   is 9 March.

1. Review of Actions

Can people outside get write access to storage web site Jens    Open
 -- Andrew says PPD runs a web server serving pages from AFS.
 -- For now, send stuff to me (Jens) and I will happily upload it,
    or to Owen and he will patch his documentation.
 -- Need for CVS in the longer term.

Can Edinburgh provide bugzilla? Phil    Open
 -- Part of the same question.  Not likely to happen soon.

Can we use the helpdesk?        Jens    Closed
 -- Short answer is no.  It will cost a lot of money in extra
    licenses (for people).  It *is* possible to add storage to
    the helpdesk though.

Send external URLs to Jens      ALL     Open
 -- Ongoing.

Update project page to point to new storage web site    Jens    Closed
 -- Done.

Figure out why dCache doesn't use DCAP  Jiri    Closed
 -- Done.  Documentation to appear on web.

Send report on data transfers to list   Steve   Open
 -- Still open.  Some work may need to be redone.

Resurrect SRM client API        Jens    Open
 -- There is an API but it requires fairly intimate knowledge of
    gSOAP and the SRM protocol.  Writing a good simple API not
    likely to happen soon with other workload, particularly a
    C one.  C++ or Perl might be easier.

Plan for Tier 2 deployments     Jens    Closed
 -- There is a plan, agreed with Jeremy and the T2 coordinators.
    Hasn't been implemented yet though, waiting for
    all-other-Tier-2s-than-Edinburgh to catch up.  Alessandra
    is saying she expects to start this week.

Send DPM endpoint to Jens for interop testing   Andrew  Open
 -- This is Andrew Smith.  He has been busy with LHCb tools,
    nothing much has happened on the DPM front.

Update docs to include lcg-*    Jens    Open
 -- Still open.  More general client documentation to appear.

2. Tier 2 rollout status.

See above.  Waiting for everyone-but-Edinburgh to catch up...

3. dCache experiences.

Much captured by useful thread on list (quod videt).  Andrew (Sansum)
reports dCache is now operational again, seeing 60 MB/s to disk.
Database moved off head node, now seeing 10-20% load on head and
about 40% on database.  Speculating that database is spending lots
of time on inefficient queries [/me or needs vacuuming]

Need to agree with CMS whether they will start to write to tape
soon.  Or we can restart the tape tests.

4. DPM status.

No news; see above.

5. Client tools.

See above - we have an API but it's not easy to use.  Writing
experimental CLI advisoryDelete.  Although we do not officially
support client side tools, we have a lot of experience with them
and need to make this available on the web.

6. AOB

Who's going to GGF13?  Apparently no-one.  We expect it's Arie's
turn (of the Arie/Peter duumvirate) to go.  Owen points out that
there are other storage-relevant areas in GGF [meaning GFS-WG].

More importantly, is there an SRM workshop planned?  None known,
but best to check with Arie.

NEW ACTIONS:
Can GFAL be preloaded   Jiri    Open
 -- From quick tests, GFAL does not appear to pass local files
    through to kernel open.  GFAL does not provide gfal_fopen
    either.  Thus it might be necessary to preload another
    library that maps open to gfal_open.  Test plan agreed.

Contact James or J-P about DPM source   Jens    Open
 -- Phil points out we should get the source from the source,
    so to speak.

Contact Arie about next SRM workshop    Jens    Open
 -- I'll volunteer to do that.