From: Robert Ausura <[log in to unmask]>

>The publisher's note states,"This dictionary is intended to put an end to
[misunderstandings of medieval terms] -- though such a claim is inevitably
rash."  I find it curious that a publisher would hint in its promotional
statement that the book essentially has failed in its mission.

an English publisher.

perhaps a bit of English wit.

> In any case, Amazon.com is offering the book for US$27.17.  ABE Books is
advertising "used" copies for about the same price.

quite a savings over the publisher's list of $50.

or even over Amazon's list of $39.95.

curious that a book that has just been published should show up at more or
less remainder prices.

not so curious that I.U.'s copy seems to have gone walkabout.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]