dilectissimi sapientes
In the latin gesta sanctorum rothonensium, a sentence which mingles various biblic terms says "si quis humanum sanguinem fuderit, ab altari meo evelles eum, ne offerat panes Domino." some word quote Gn9, 6, others Ex 21, 14, and Lev 21, 17.
The whole sentence works as an authority condemning simony.
Does anybody know if this biblical cocktail is genuine, or would come from canonic texts: I couldn't find any precise reference.
Thanks to all
-- and happy new year, for the 14th day...
best wishes,
Denis
N'en sai plus dire
Denis Hüe,
responsable du Master Lettres Langues Communication
Centre d'Etude des Textes Médiévaux, (CETM-CELAM)
Université de Haute Bretagne
http://www.uhb.fr/alc/medieval