Saint Yves' mother [Yves of Treguier, born ca 1248-1250,  + 1303, canonized in 1347] is said to have had a premonitory dream about the future holiness of her son (predicta mater ipsius domini Ivonis dixit eidem testi, quadam die de qua dixit se non recordari, quod dictus dominus Ivo erat futurus sanctus, quia sic eidem matri in sompnis fuerat revelatum). This topos is not so common in Breton continental hagiography and, as others stories related to saint Yves of Treguier, look very similar to oriental legends ("the sound of money pays the smell of the roast"), I am asking myself about the possibility that stories told by Breton Crusaders when back to home could have influenced either saint Yves' mother or the testimony...

ANDRE-YVES BOURGES