Try "Nicolaitism," which brings 143 hits on google.com (the name is derived from
Revelation 2.15, which warns against the "teachings of the Nicolaitans," without
further specification; some have connected this name with the "proselyte"
Nicolaus of Acts 6.7, but without any ancient evidence).

Bob

> I'm sorry I have another vocabulary question here. Unfortunately, not even
> the better and larger dictionaries contain some of the more specialized
> religious terms.
> Does anyone know the English term for the German 'Nikolaitismus' (unchaste
> or married clergy or a member of the clergy who lives together with a
> concubine)?
>
> Sandra Lowerre

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]