I have read that during the early middle ages the status of children in
Europe was not high and they were not considered "real people" until they were
adults (what age?)  Can anyone on this list comment on this?  Was it a low status?
What time period? When did it change?  Any idea why?  I am postulating that
it began to change when the devotion to the Holy Child Jesus became popular but
I'd like to have any ideas.
Thanks,
Ann

to: [log in to unmask]