Saint Yves' mother [Yves of Treguier, born ca 1248-1250,  + 1303,  canonized
in 1347] is said to have had a premonitory dream about the future  holiness of
her son (predicta mater ipsius domini Ivonis dixit eidem testi,  quadam die
de qua dixit se non recordari, quod dictus dominus Ivo erat futurus  sanctus,
quia sic eidem matri in sompnis fuerat revelatum). This topos is  not so common
in Breton continental hagiography and, as others stories related  to saint
Yves of Treguier, look very similar to oriental legends ("the sound of  money
pays the smell of the roast"), I am asking myself about the  possibility that
stories told by Breton Crusaders when back to  home could have influenced either
saint Yves' mother or the testimony...

ANDRE-YVES BOURGES

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]