medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Yes, I meant the frame.

Thanks, John,

John Briggs wrote:

Rochelle Altman wrote:

A friend sent me this url and asked if this type of
arch had a special name. I am sure that it must have.
Does anybody know what this type of arch is called?

I don't actually see an arch, but if you mean the outline of the frame, I
would be inclined to say that it was in the form of a shouldered round arch.

John Briggs