Dear Lisa,
Hope it helps:

1.  any information regarding prehistoric or historic
(Colonial era) "domestication"/taming/manipulation of
animals (terrestrial, riverine, lacustrine, marine) in
the Maya region.

2b.as well as possible use of monkeys
for ancient Maya ritual/subsistence, and the symbolic
importance of monkeys in Maya ideology

A basic reference is: Tozzer A.M. Y G.M. Allen. 1910. Animal figures in the Maya Codices, Papers of the Peabody Museum, Harvard University Vol. 4 Num. 3

Manson, M.A. 1999. Animal resource manipulation in ritual and domestic context in Postclassic mayan communities. World Archaeology 31(1): 93-120

De la Garza, M. 1995. Aves sagradas de los mayas.  Centro de Estudios mayas del Instituto de Investigaciones Filológicas, UNAM. México.

You can look in the The superb web page of Dr. Kitty Emery, at Florida:
http://www.environmental-archaeology.com/publications.shtml

And the Bibliografia mesoamericana:

http://www.famsi.org/research/bibliography.htm

2a  any information regarding zoogeography of monkeys
in the Maya region:

Fiona A. Reid. 1997. A field guide to the mammals of Central America and Southeast Mexico
and the series Mammalian Species, produced by the American Socety of Mammalogist, you need search the number by each species

3.  I've been trying to get my hands on Archaeofauna
vol. 13 (on zooarchaeology in the neotropics), to no
avail.  Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

In Portico Librerias:

http://www.uam.es/otros/paleofau/suscripcion.htm

O write to Arturo Morales, Archaeofauna's director

Cheers,

Eduardo

Eduardo Corona-M.
Laboratorio de Arqueozoologia &
Seminario Relaciones Hombre-Fauna
(http://geocities.com/shofaun)
Instituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia
Moneda 16, Col. Centro.
Mexico, 06060, D.F.
Mexico.

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!