"I am looking for any ethnographic parallel, ancient or modern, on rodent consumption/cooking. "

QUINTANA C. A., VALVERDE F. & MAZZANTI D. 2002. Roedores y lagartos como emergentes de la diversificación de la subsistencia durante el Holoceno de las sierras de Tandilia, Argentina. Latin American Antiquity. 13 (4):455-473.

CARLOS QUINTANA

----- Original Message -----

From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Katerina Papayiannis
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 10:54 AM
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Rodent consumption

Dear Everyone,

I am an MPhil from Cambridge and work on microfaunal skeletal material from a Bronze Age site in the Aegean Sea, Greece. My material comes from urban contexts, mainly kitchens, hearths and vessels, and enough of it is burnt. I am exploring the possibility of it being purposely burnt for cooking and I am looking for any ethnographic parallel, ancient or modern, on rodent consumption/cooking. Any ideas?

Katerina Papayiannis

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!