Dear Jon and list members

Thank you for the elaborated response. I did not want to tire the list with
too much information but since you asked, I will be happy to be more
specific (for those who are interested).

I am looking for references on taphonomic studies that were carried out in
tell / sedentary / historic sites. By 'taphonomic studies', I refer to the
relationship of:

1.	Body part frequency : Utility indices (i.e., MGUI,  SFUI and Meat
Utility Index)
2.	Body part frequency : Weight indices (e.g., SWI)
3.	Body part frequency : Survival indices (structural density).
References on distinguishing between density mediated attrition by post
depositional processes and by carnivores (dogs primarily) would be very much
appreciated.

And

4.	Quantitative analysis of fresh breaks (breakage that accrued during
the archaeological excavation the procedure subsequent to it).
5.	Fragmentation (NISP:MNE ratio).

I am interested also in the effect of the non-sieving archaeological
excavation on body part representation of relatively large mammals (cattle)
and smaller mammals (caprine). Cut marks, of course are another topic I
studied. For the last two topics, I have some good references. Yet, l will
be glad to enrich my knowledge.

Thank you for reading,

Aharon Sasson
Department of Anthropology