Dear all!
A colleague from the prehistoric department (Univ.of Vienna) is studying
artefacts from a  Suazoid/pre-contact settlement (12th century) from
St.Lucia (Lesser Antilles). She showed me a photograph of a fragmentary
tooth-pendant with perforated root, which looked to me similar to a
lower canine of a male pig, so it could be from a peccary. It is the
only bone/tooth object of this kind in the whole material, probably an
import. Is anyone out there familiar with this region, to whom
photographs or drawings could be mailed?
all the best
Karl