Hi
Information on this arrived too late for me to do anything about it for
2004/05, and there is no guarantee at this stage that funding will be
available for 2005/06, but i thought I'd circulate it anyhow.
If any colleagues in Germany are interested in organizing a social
simulation seminar/workshop in 2006, please contact me directly.
Regards.
Kevin

Dr Kevin Voges
Senior Lecturer in Marketing
Department of Management
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch, New Zealand
Work:   + 64 3 364 2987 ext. 7239
Fax:    + 64 3 364 2020
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web:    http://www.mang.canterbury.ac.nz/people/voges.shtml

2004-05 International Science & Technology (ISAT) Linkages Fund:

NZ/Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft Programme

In September 1997, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the
New Zealand Ministry of Research, Science and Technology and the
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft of Germany, to foster exchange of
researchers between NZ and Germany. The Minister of Research, Science
and Technology, through the International Science and Technology (ISAT)
Linkages Fund, has allocated funding to the “NZ/DFG Programme” for
2004-05.

Joint applications will be invited within the next few days, with New
Zealand applications going to the Royal Society and German applications
going to the German Research Foundation (Deutsche
Forschungsgemeinschaft).

Funding will be provided for joint seminars and workshops, in areas
where the exchange of information promises to improve the level of
co-operation between scientists of the two countries.  The joint
seminars and workshops can be held in either country.

The co-organisers are responsible for the scientific programme, the
organisation and the financial management of the joint seminars and
workshops.  It is expected that costs between $20,000 and $60,000
(GSTinclusive) will be sought for the proposed joint seminars and
workshops.  Successful applicants will be required to provide a written
report on the joint seminars and workshops detailing significant
immediate and expected long-term outcomes from the activity.

Deadline Monday 10 January 2005.