Dear Colleague

The proceedings of the First International Conference on e-Social Science
held by the ESRC National Centre for e-Social Science (NCeSS) are now
available online at our website http://www.ncess.ac.uk (under Events).

NCeSS has also announced three more research nodes due to start this
August:

Oxford e-Social Science (OeSS) Project: Ethical, Legal and Institutional
Dynamics of Grid Enabled e-Science; University of Oxford
Focuses on the social, institutional, ethical and legal issues surrounding
e-Science infrastructures and research practices.

GEOVUE: Geographic Virtual Urban Environments; University College London
Proposes to design a platform for virtual urban environments (VUEs)
through which users will be able to design and construct environments
specifically tailored to their own requirements.

Semantic Grid Tools for Rural Policy Development and Appraisal; University
of Aberdeen
Focuses on the development, application and evaluation of agent-based
models and semantic grid tools. The application domain is environmental
modelling and aims to facilitate the use of mixed methods for evidenced-
based policy making.

Further information regarding the nodes and newly announced small grants
can be found under the “Research” section of our website.

We are also launching the NCeSS Wiki to which contributions on any aspect
of e-social science is very much appreciated.  If you have not used a Wiki
before there is plenty of support available to help get you started.  The
Wiki can be found linked from our home page.

Best wishes
Gillian Sinclair

Dr Gillian Sinclair
Programme Manager
ESRC National Centre for e-Social Science
University of Manchester
Dover Street Building
Dover Street
Manchester