From: "Douglas Barbour" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: Snap at minus 30 C

A day or two later, Barry, but thanks. It was +19 in Toronto yesterday,
but apparently a cold wind is blowing in. Here it's still minus 28,
windchill minus 38 -- that's Centigrade.

Doug
On 12-Jan-05, at 8:03 PM, Barry Alpert wrote:

> Doug,  I like a number of aspects of your snap.  The spatialization,
> the
> coloration, and that unexpected (and effective) linebreak:
>
> above god / s pared fingernail
>

> It's supposed to reach 66 F here tomorrow.  Barry

Douglas Barbour
Department of English
University of Alberta
Edmonton  Alberta  T6G 2E5 Canada
(780) 436 3320
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/dbhome.htm

The poet is ecstatic, having dreamt of this visit for weeks.
He takes Erato’s face, dribbling and wild, between his hands

and kisses her gently as if she were a runaway teenager.

                        Diana Hartog