On Apr 6, 2005, at 10:21 AM, MJ Walker wrote:

> By the way, I just pulled out my copy of *Futurities* 2 (missed 1,
> dash it! both now difficult to obtain) by Steve Lacy (himself recently
> deceased in 2004) - a stripped down yet paradoxically lush setting of
> Creeley poems with the rebarbative but ultimately insinuating voice of
> Irene Aebi; dig that train in "Train going by", bumpety-bump, the best
> train in jazz despite Ellington. Amazing filigree saxophone soloing on
> "The Eye". undsoweiter...
> The back of the CD label registers thanks to a certain Pierre Joris...

if you had the vinyl version, you could read my liner notes which tell
how that particular event came about --actually you can read them on
the "homage to steve lacy" page on my website:
http://albany.edu/~joris/LacyHomage.html
cheers, p

"Lyric poetry has to be exorbitant or not at all."  -- Gottfried Benn
For updates on readings, etc. check my  current events page:
             http://albany.edu/~joris/CurrentEvents.html
Pierre Joris
244 Elm Street
Albany NY 12202