On Oct 12, 2005, at 16:56, Joanna Boulter wrote:

> This is fantastic -- in the full sense of the word! I can't wait to go
> there!
>
> joanna

It is pretty amazing -- it's been 10 years since I visited there but I
still get flashbacks. Not only is it the spot where the continents
drift apart, it also happens to be where the Vikings held their old
parliamentary gathering (Thing). Apparently they used the site for
several centuries until during one Thing the land dropped a meter more
or less literaly beneath their feet.

While admiring the continental ridge of North America I also saw an
acquaintance from London walk by (I lived in Oslo at the time), but
didn't manage to get her attention. People see each other in the
stranget places.

--Knut