Hi Leeanne and All.
I have just had all my recently donated gas masks sealed by our Scientific
Services Team within Durham County Council for a small fee.

Assume that ALL gas masks have asbestos in and have them sealed before
using with the public. They should also be regularly checked by whoever
seals them for you.

As I work for a Local Authority, finding out who to contact was relatively
easy, but I would advise you to start by contacting your local Council -
they may be able to do the job themselves or they may recommend a
contractor.

Best wishes,
Sarah Gouldsbrough

Schools Development Officer
Durham County Council - Museums

DLI Museum and Durham Art Gallery
tel: 0191 3842214

Westwood Leeanne <[log in to unmask]>@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on
05/04/2005 14:28:32

Please respond to Westwood Leeanne <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    "List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK."