Hi everyone

Those of you who organise events might be interested in National
Storytelling Week 2006 as outlined below–

Maureen James (historical storyteller and former director of the Society for
Storytelling)

HYPERLINK "http://www.tellinghistory.co.uk/"www.tellinghistory.co.uk

6th Annual National Storytelling Week

28th January – 4th February 2006

Over 700 nationwide storytelling events and performances were organised this
year for National Storytelling Week in Schools, Arts Centres, Museums,
Libraries, Theatres, Book Shops, Storytelling Clubs, Retirement Homes, Pubs,
and a London shop window!  Once again there was great support from BBC
National Radio and Local Radio Stations around the country, and also the
Local and National Press.

Over 480 Schools, Ethnic Educational Centres, Libraries, Museums and Art
Galleries applied for The National Storytelling Week Guide we published last
year. This will be available again . Email copies will be free.

For National Storytelling Week 2006 – our 6th year – we aim to involve as
diverse an array of ethnic traditions in the British Isles

We know that storytelling stretches from its simplest application in the
nursery right through to the personal stories and bereavement aids in
hospitals, strengthening communication in the business sphere, and as an aid
to learning in education.  There are also professional storytellers working
with prisoners to try and connect them back with their families.

We are informing you early because we would like to ask as many people as
possible to join in the celebration of one of the oldest traditions of the
world!  The more organisations that take part, the more interesting the week
will be!

Call The Society for Storytelling now for further information, or if you
would like be involved!!

Del Reid  020 8866 4232 or Tina Bilbe  0118 9351381

The Society for Storytelling has a website HYPERLINK
"http://www.sfs.org.uk/"www.sfs.org.uk