Dear GEM List,

I'm advising a service proposing to create a first-time dedicated Education Officer post. The service is looking at the post as having a development main role rather than about direct delivery; and in this way the hope is to get more effective use of time for planning across the age-range, and for getting grants for delivery through others.

I'm trying to locate examples of job descriptions and person specs which work well for this type of work.

Any comments on this, on what works, and on does and don'ts will be especially welcome.

Thanks, Joanna.

Joanna Low
Museum Development Officer for Kent & Medway
c/o Kent County Council Libraries & Archives
Gibson Drive
Kings Hill
West Malling
Kent.  ME19 4AL

Tel: 01622 605298
Fax: 01622 605221
Mobile: 07901 913795
Email: [log in to unmask]
The Kent & Medway Museum Development Service is part of Renaissance in the Regions