Dear All,

We have just finished a major revision of the project's own web site --i.e.
not the Vision of Britain site, which is about Britain, but the site in
Portsmouth that tells people about us.  It can be reached at either of:

        http://www.port.ac.uk/research/gbhgis

        http://www.gbhgis.org

(the second is safer to book-mark as I control what it points to;  the
first will probably change next time the university redesigns its site)

What other information do you think needs to appear there?

NB the main Vision of Britain web site is almost entirely database-driven
and contains none of this kind of information, just an "About Us" link that
takes you straight to this other site -- so we want the content you find
there to be just right when we launch on the 26th.

Best wishes,

Humphrey Southall
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ====================================
Humphrey Southall
Reader in Geography/Director,
Great Britain Historical GIS Project
Department of Geography, University of Portsmouth
Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE

GIS Project Office: (023) 9284 2500
Home office:  (020) 8853 0396
Mobile: 0796 808 5454

Web site:       http://www.VisionOfBritain.org.uk