Hi,

I agree with Wayne, just an additional point. The Java and Python versions
are for the basic framework and the subroutine libraries. Those are indeed
developed in parallel. If you are thinking only about the NMR analysis
program, CcpNmr Analysis, that is what you would use as a replacement for
NmrView or Felix, there is only one version. It is written in Python and
C, with Tcl/Tk and OpenGL for the graphics, and it runs on all platforms.
Other peoples programs might be in Python, Java, or other languages, and
could still interface as long as they used the same XML files (or
database). But there are no plans to make a Java version of Analysis.

Another point - the documentation onthe web site is sometimes slightly
behind the latest release. But the release in downloads is 1.18 now.

Yours,

Rasmus

Dr. Rasmus H. Fogh                  Email: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge,
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.     FAX (01223)766002