And thanks to you too, John.
MG

-- "Howe, John" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

As a teacher of medieval history, I have made much use of the on-line old Catholic Encyclopedia.  Clueless students who run a web search on medieval topics invariably call up its articles.  When they plagiarize it is obvious, since Texan students, left to their own devices, do not normally write patches of Edwardian prose.  A little googling immediately catches the culprits.

I have, however, fought to keep the old Catholic Encyclopedia on our shelves.  It has articles, absent in the New Catholic Encyclopedia, concerning devotional and ascetical practices that were less "politically correct" by the mid 20th century.

--John Howe, Texas Tech

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

Get your name as your email address.