Christopher Crockett had written:

and John Dillon wrote:

>or someone else's address book with Phyllis' name and address in it.
>Sourcing these things is a virtual impossibility.

The first IP address in the ""Thanks :)" worm-bearing message comes
back to Georgia State University, although it's possible the worm
forged that part of the headers too.

I got another similar message from "Phyllis" via M-R and one from
"Bobp" at the U of Tennessee at Martin [[1]] via Medtext-l, both
actually from an IP address assigned to the Staten Island servers of
Road Runner, Time Warner's cable Internet service.

Note also that the From: field was:

"Phyllis.jestice" <[log in to unmask]>

rather than our own Phyllis':

Phyllis Jestice <[log in to unmask]>

Finally, unless she's switched operating systems, Phyllis uses a Mac.

John

[[1]] I.e., Bob Peckham of "TennesseeBob's [Justly] Famous French
Links" at http://www.utm.edu/departments/french/french.html.
--

*** John McChesney-Young  **  panis~at~pacbell.net  **   Berkeley,
California, U.S.A.  ***

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]