Actually, IMHO, Martin's reply to Joseph Wisener applies largely to Richard Childs' original question about receipt via e-mail discussion lists - because the vast majority of questions on these lists are not requests for "information which is held" but rather for opinions and advice.  I don't think anyone is going to support the view that opinions are "held" by public authorities (for the purposes of the Act...)

Unfortunately, this line of argument does not address the minority of questions which are for recorded information.

Marc Fresko

http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/notices/information/gsi-003-2002.pdf
for further details.

In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk