Jim Bugslag <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > somewhere around there is/was an important convent,
"Saint-Remy-des-Landes", which has disappeared without a trace, apparently.

> I'm not familiar with this, but another important convent not too far from
Les Vaux de Cernay was Port-Royal

yes, i've got a copy of the cartulary from there --it had another name, i
forget what, just at the moment.

not having read it, i didn't realise that it was in that neighborhood.

>(until it was moved to Paris in the 17th century),

and became famous for other reasons.

>over which the monks of Les Vaux de Cernay exercised some authority,
supplying them, for example, with priests and chaplains.  There are ruins at
Port-Royal, as well, also in private hands, but I haven't seen them, as the
site has always been closed when I've tried to visit.

i've certainly never seen anything published on it.

i don't have access to Cottineau's _Repertoire_ --both St. R.-des-Landes and
Port Royal would be in that, i'm sure.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]