> >I'd be interested in knowing about other evidence for this devotion to the
> Virgin.
>
> was he not also Lord of Braine --through his wife ?
>
> or have i got my Braines confused?

Christopher,
He was lord of Braine, but not through his wife; it was directly part of the Dreux
inheritance.

> the Coronation of the Virgin on the portal of that fine High Gothic little
> church (the family necropolis?) there would certainly qualify as "devotion", i
> should think.

Perhaps, but the Premonstratensian priory church was dedicated to St Yved.  It was
the family necropolis of the Dreux family.

Cheers,
Jim Bugslag

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]