Phyllis:
        Also, according to a former Glastonbury monk, William Good, 27
July was kept as the feast of Joseph of Arimathea at Glastonbury before
the dissolution of the monasteries. This observance seems to have been
unique to Glastonbury. Good's testimony is reproduced by J. Armitage
Robinson in his book _Two Glastonbury Legends_. The normal feast day for
Joseph of Arimathea in the West was, of course, 17 March.

                Cheers,
                Martin Howley

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Phyllis Jestice wrote:

> Today (27. July) is the feast day of:
>
> Pantaleon (d. c. 305)
.[SNIP]..

> the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus (d. 362?)
.[SNIP]..

> Aurelius, Natalia, and companions (d. c. 852)
.[SNIP]..

> Theobald of Marly (d. 1247)
.[SNIP]..

> Nicholas Konchanov (d. 1392)
.[SNIP]..

> A modern saint: Andrew the Catechist (blessed) (d. 1644)

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]