Colleagues --

I am having trouble finding the first use of the phrase _ex opere
operato_.  Over and over I read that Peter of Poitiers invented the term in
the early twelfth century, but none of my sources provide a reference to
the specific place where he does so.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Ayse Tuzlak
Religious Studies
University of Calgary