Today (19 July), English Heritage has published the results of an
important investigation into the national and international significance
of the Bletchley Park site. The report, which builds on the pioneering
work of the Bletchley Park Trust, its volunteers and historians,
represents the first ever attempt to assess the value of the site as a
whole, the surviving fabric of the buildings there and the contribution
it has made to British and world history. Key stakeholders, including
the Bletchley Park Trust, Milton Keynes Council, English Heritage and
English Partnerships - are working together to find a future which can
respect its historical legacy and let Bletchley Park contribute to the
much needed regeneration of the town in which it sits.  English Heritage
is now calling on local people to contribute to this understanding by
accessing the report at www.english-heritage.org.uk/bletchleypark and
email in their comments on how the site should be protected and
interpreted for future generations. The report, along with the comments
and opinion we hope to gather from local people and experts alike will
then be fed into the Masterplan for the area which has been commissioned
by English Partnerships.

We'd also welcome other comments on the approach, methodology etc. These
can be emailed either to me, or to Jeremy Lake at: