hmm

that's probably illegal as the IP is still probably the OS

Jason
-----Original Message-----
From: Virginia Baddeley [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 3:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Records for Sale

Hi all

I would like to inform everyone of something recently spotted on eBay.
Several sets of archaeological record cards have been put up for sale,
having apparently come from the collection of a "retired
archivist/archaeologist".  They are copies of OS cards, and are being
marketed to metal detector users because they contain grid refs.  So far
3 batches have been sold, for 3 different counties.  I don't know if
there are any more to come.  You might like to keep an eye out for your
own areas, not least to find out what the contents of your old card
indexes are worth !

Virginia Baddeley
Sites and Monuments Record Officer
Nottinghamshire County Council

the system manager via NCC Help Desk (0115) 9772010.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottinghamshire County Council Legal Disclaimer

One tonne of recycled paper (= 100 bin bags) saves 17 trees, 17000
gallons of water and enough energy to heat the average home for 6 months
- RECYCLE MORE -

confidentiality :-
The National Trust believes in treating information with
care.  Because this message and any attachments may
contain information which is confidential, if you have
received it in error please contact us immediately and
do not disclose, copy, use or store it in any way.

viruses :-
It is our policy to check emails for viruses before
sending, but we recommend that you also check the
message and any attachments, as either could contain
viruses which could damage your systems.

charity details :-
The National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or
Natural Beauty. 36 Queen Anne's Gate London  SWIH 9AS

Registered Charity Number 205846
Tel:   +44 (0)20 7222 9251
Fax:  +44 (0)20 7222 5097
www.nationaltrust.org.uk