On Fri, 28 May 2004, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:

> Here are my definitions of the support level categories; I will include them
> with the news file, if every one likes them.
>
> Little/None:

OK.

> Best Efforts:

> 6. No new documentation or documentation updates.

Except for bug fixes.

> High:

Good, so most of the collection currently rated unconditional now falls
into this category.

> Unconditional:
>
> 4. Build support and support for porting to other platforms.

This is the only point that made me stop for breath. Not sure I'd want to
be asked to support porting to a platform I've no access to, or interest
in, unless there was a strong evidence it was genuinely useful to more
than one person. There's also the point that this would probably mean
porting much of the other infrastructure too (mostly down at High). So I
think logically this would need to be left at the same level as Best
Efforts.

Peter.