Dear all,

While transcribing a passage from the Life of St Eugene I came across the
following passage:

"And the whyche fader hath engendred hym without moder. And she in like wise
conceyued hym wythoute knowlege of man. My God and my mayster hathe a wyfe,
a vyrgyn, whyche engendreth a contynuell multytude of children. His flesshe
is ioyned to the flesshe of his wife, a virgin, wythout lettyng thei kysse
e<f.167vb>che other. They shal be euerlasting in loue. And soo are they so
perfyte žat al virgynyte, al charyte and all oonlyness of body is there
kepte."

It sounds like a medieval religious poem I read somewhere, however, I can't
remember where.

Any suggestions or hints are welcome.

best,

sandra