Dear List-members,

I am currently looking for (pre-14th century?) associations between the
devil, hell and the west, in churches as well as geography and
cosmology.
Could anyone point me towards a fitting source for information about
this,
or give me a tip on where to begin my explorations?

I would very much appreciate your help.

Best wishes,

Carolin Esser

Respondeo Oriens:

You might begin with E.W. Tristram on medieval wall paintings, which
you will find in the seminar library at the CMS in York. Start with the
12th century volume.

Bill.

=====

to: [log in to unmask]