Excellent question, Bill.  But I think you misunderstood, or I was not clear.
"Feet" definitely refers to male sex organs.  But I think it is a plain name
not a euphemism.  As for Ruth she apparently uncovers Boaz' sex
organ--asserting her right to do so as she feels she is entitled a Levirite
marrage [i.e. with the male next of kin].  As for Seraphim I have been trying
to figure them out for years.  Where did you get the winged serpent idea?  I
long ago concluded, that cheribim were winged lions on the basis of ancient
near East iconography.  In archaeology winged lions always appear in situations
very similar those described in the Bible as places where there were cheribim.
I think that Hebrew scholars in general now agree with this.  But winged
serpents...  Enlighten me please.

V. K. Inman

Quoting Bill East <[log in to unmask]>:

>  --- "V. Kerry Inman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> > culture
> >
> > We don't really know that this plural form of the common word for
> > "foot" is a
> > euphemism now do we?
>
> I'm not a Hebrew scholar so I can't continue the discussion with any
> advantage. But I would ask what you understand is happening at Ruth 3,
> when Ruth uncovers the feet of Boaz, and why this action should have
> such a remarkable effect on him.
>
> Also: a seraph is a winged serpent. It has no feet.
>
> Bill.
>
> =====

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]