merum wrote:

> It may or may not be relevant to your question that some of the same
> themes appear in these two prayers from the Mass of the Roman Rite. The
> celebrant prays them privately just prior to his communion. (Since the
> Missal of 1970, the celebrant may choose one of the two.)

The second prayer (Perceptio Corporis tui) doesn't seem to occur in the
Sarum Use, which Cranmer was largely freely translating and adapting.  His
prayer is marginally older than the Book of Common Prayer, as it first
occurs in his Order of the Communion of 1548.

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]