I shared these with several colleagues across the US. One responded with:

I have one to add to the collection. In my Chaucer class I spoke about the
debitum conjugalis and I translated it (orally) as "the conjugal debt." One
of my student defined it as "the conjugal death: when a woman has to have
sex with her husband even though she doesn't want to."

Cordially,

Jane

Jane E. Connolly
Professor of Spanish and
Senior Associate Dean for Arts and Humanities
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Miami
P.O. Box 248004
Coral Gables, FL 33124-4620