We recently decided to get rid of the few thousand hardback fiction titles we had stored now that we are stocking more paperbacks. We put 8-10 in a library carrier bag with the category on the outside and sealed them so no-one could see what actual books they were getting. We then sold them in a "Bag o' books" promotion for 1 per bag. We sold around 300 bags this way and only have around 10 left (all romance interestingly...).

Leslie King
Shoe Lane Library

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution
or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and
then delete this e-mail.
Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any warranties
or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the Corporation of London
unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by
an authorised signatory of the Corporation.
Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by the
Corporation of London.
All e-mail through the Corporation's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring.
All liability for errors and viruses is excluded.
Website: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk