I think we are going a little wild here. I am not disagreeing that the Celtic word pwcca is the same in origin as the English word Puck. But Puck has been known as Puck since Shakespeare's time at least, and probably long before. To suggest that in 1850 a town council in Norfolk would say Let us rename that road - it is supposed to be haunted - what do you call the things? Pwccas?  Call it Polka Road then. No no!

We do however have a shoal near Cromer which is called Robin Friend on the same basis as Puck being called Robin Goodfellow, to make it well disposed

I have spoken to relatives in Abercarn who were somewhat indignant over the idea they would confuse Pwcca Trwyn with The Polka

The information contained in this email is intended only for the person or organization to which it is addressed.  If you have received it by mistake, please disregard and notify the sender immediately.  Unauthorized disclosure or use of such information may be a breach of legislation or confidentiality and may be legally privileged.

Emails sent from and received by Members and employees of Norfolk County Council may be monitored.

Unless this email relates to Norfolk County Council business it will be regarded by the Council as personal and will not be authorized by or sent on behalf of the Council.  The sender will have sole responsibility for any legal actions or disputes that may arise.