From: "Rose, Edwin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 2:47 PM
Subject: [BRITARCH] re Christian Iconography

In Lord Lytton's Novel   The Last Days of Pompeii, he states in a footnote
that in the Catacombs of Rome there is a drawing of Pan looking "exactly
like our ideas of the devil". I dont know if this includes the tail with the
point on the end

The information contained in this email is intended only for the person or
organization to which it is addressed.  If you have received it by mistake,
please disregard and notify the sender immediately.  Unauthorized disclosure
or use of such information may be a breach of legislation or confidentiality
and may be legally privileged.

Emails sent from and received by Members and employees of Norfolk County
Council may be monitored.

Unless this email relates to Norfolk County Council business it will be
regarded by the Council as personal and will not be authorized by or sent on
behalf of the Council.  The sender will have sole responsibility for any
legal actions or disputes that may arise.