Ah, but what language will the inscription be in?  This question arose when
planning the high-level radioactive waste storage facility.  This needs to
be kept intact for up to 50,000 years - which is rather longer than any
languages have lasted (or presumably will last).  And 'universal symbols'
aren't!  They concluded in the end that the facility itself must be a
'symbolic form'.  Out in the desert it should be black and shiny, so that it
become hot and would be uncomfortable to walk on.  It should be spiky, so
that it would be impossible to land your flying saucer on it, and so on.
Ever since then, I have been worried about the pyramids: "Radioactive Waste.
Do not try to find a secret chamber ... "

John Briggs