  From: Lina Liederman
  To: Greg Smith
  Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 12:51 PM
  Subject: (no subject)

  Hello.
  I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on equipment for doing interviews. I am about to embark on a series of interviews (15) in Greece (thus, in Greek).
  I need to buy a reliable tape recorder but am hesitating between a small dictaphone/dictating machine (which uses those small tapes) and a regular small tape recorder (w/ a built-in microphone?). Does any one have any specific experience or suggestions on this?
  In terms of transcriptions, I will have to do them manually since the interviews will be in Greek, and I will have to translate them into English (so I will not need any transcription software).
  If any of you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.
  THANKS.
  Lina Molokotos-Liederman.
  SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.
  To join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>

  Send contributions to the list by sending messages to: [log in to unmask]

  To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>

  ---