Hello.
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on equipment for doing
interviews. I am about to embark on a series of interviews (15) in Greece (thus, in
Greek).
I need to buy a reliable tape recorder but am hesitating between a small
dictaphone/dictating machine (which uses those small tapes) and a regular small
tape recorder (w/ a built-in microphone?). Does any one have any specific
experience or suggestions on this?
In terms of transcriptions, I will have to do them manually since the
interviews will be in Greek, and I will have to translate them into English (so I
will not need any transcription software).
If any of you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.
THANKS.
Lina Molokotos-Liederman.

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.

To  join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>

Send contributions to the list by
sending messages to: [log in to unmask]

To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>