Hi ana,

ana: That a mailing list includes a literal transcription of what is
posted in a
forum (in this case, net art review), I guess it is ok.

I happen to believe that it is ok. I see that Josephine's decision to
copy/redistribute and place your text into this forum as a generous
action - I percieve her manouver as a social, lateral act. And your name
was mentioned as the person who had brought about its context orginally
via Net Art Review, reflecting your own ideas around the subject.

So, the function of her posting has served to open up the debate,
widened the seemingly ever cloudy idea(s) of what a curator/exhibition
organizer actually is, and your writing has contributed to this, which I
believe is a good thing, for all concerned.

I found your text to be informative - and I thank you for writing it,
and I also thank J.Bosma in being generous to post it here...because
before now, I was not aware of it.

In regard to Harald Szeemann, he can call himself what he wants, like
you say. People can (and do) reinteprete as they wish, but people should
be able to define and redefine their own creative activity on their own
terms first of all - then others can do what they wish in a cultural
sense afterwards.

And yes - Johannes posted a post that did not actually deal with the
context of what your writing was trying to get across successfully, but
I believe him when he says that he did not wish to offend - I did not
see him as deliberately wishing to hurt you, unless there are agendas at
work between the both of you which I might not be aware of, which is
always a possibility.

This is one the things that happens on lists - yet many would of read
your text at the same time and thought mmm - there are some good points
there...

I would love other people to be posting my own writings/thoughts on my
behalf (whatever reason) on a forum such as this, in a place where
changes are instigated culturally - it happens more on other, less
self-conscious lists. On here - people are perhaps more (self censoring)
and aware of their careers, whcih of course can make things a little dry
and less fluid. I prefer a bit more battling going on around ideas in
respect of exploring concepts/creativity/politics - it can get a bit
tense but the energy itself can help produce some very progressive
discoveries for all concerend - which is great...

much respect

marc