On 3 Jun 2004, at 00:00, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> In the case of Steve Dietz' termination from the Walker, Sarah Cook
> drafted a letter that Christiane Paul, Tim Whidden, myself and others
> collaborated on and then used that as the rallying message to the
> director of the Walker.
>
> I think that someone needs to write this letter, have it circulated for
> refinements, then send it out to the masses.
>
> There are many fine people on this list who could pen the draft; I also
> believe that a prime candidate for doing the draft would be Ray Thomas.
>
> I was with Steve just a few weeks ago at the Free Cooperation summit,
> and in all the years I have known him in one way or another, I'd like
> say that he is one of the kinder, conscientious people in this world.
>
> I have no words to describe the situation as it stands.
> I'll let it stand at that.

Comparing the two I feel any such letter will get more wide spread
support than it did for Steve Dietz.  Not playing down the injustice to
Steve Dietz by any means, personally I felt that a combination of a
lack of financial support, politics within the Walker, perhaps pressure
from certain areas, and not having actually ever been to the Walker
Arts left me unable to comment on the situation whereas Steve Kurtz and
the Critical Art Ensemble's work has had a far more global impact on
several areas of new media.

Please somebody draft a letter!

a+
gar